Griswold Cast Iron Lamb Cake Mold

RustyD

Just recently passed on a cast iron lamb mold at my local antique shop. My wife really loves it but only wanted it if it has collector value. Do any of you have a Griswold or other collectible mold you could share a picture of or maybe some info? I wish I would’ve took a picture but this mold has no markings

The Lamb molds are being reproduced and more than likely the one you're looking at is probably not the real thing especially taking into consideration it's at an antique shop and priced at $28.
The Lamb, Rabbit and Santa molds are big repo's and mostly come from Asian countries.
If you/your wife are set on having a Lamb mold just to make the cakes $28 may be your easy way out since the authentic Griswold molds will likely run you into the hundreds of dollars.

We may pick it up next time we are there just to have one until we run across a gris. Do you know of any markings it would have to set it aside from all the others?

There are multiple versions of the Griswold lamb molds. Primarily you want to see pattern numbers on the halves and no casting flaws.

Back