Wagner 1892 Patent Waffle Iron

D_Madden

https://imgur.com/gallery/4Abo00h

I have the wooden handles, but I'm going to do something to clean them up before I re-install them... don't have a base.
I'm happy with the clean up... I used grapeseed oil, one coat, very happy with the outcome.

I've looked at the 1892 patent and the 1910 patent... does anyone know exactly what the difference is between the two? everything listed as an improvement in the 1910 patents seems to already exist in the 1892 paddles.

The 1892 patent seems primarily concerned with the ball hinge. The 1910 more with the the pans being identical and the need for stop pins eliminated.

FYI, the 1924 patent deals with the ball hinge. It is closer to the irons. I believe it was to help prevent the ball from breaking easily. The 1910 and 1924 bases are not compatible .

I'm not seeing a 1924 patent pertaining to Wagner waffle iron design. What is its USxxxxxx number?

That patent to me seems more about improving on the identical paddles concept with a mechanism to help hold the paddles more securely together at the ball end when lifting and turning the closed paddles.

That patent to me seems more about improving on the identical paddles concept with a mechanism to help hold the paddles more securely together at the ball end when lifting and turning the closed paddles.
The ball is closer to the paddles. In fact, the ball is slightly inset into the paddle so much so that there is a indent and the paddle isn't completely round.

The illustrations may imply certain things, but the text contains the specifics of the patent, i.e. that following the statement, "I therefore particularly point out and distinctly claim as my invention:", which comprises the last two paragraphs of the patent claim text.

I thought I'd post a follow up... since I got a base and cleaned up the handles now...

https://imgur.com/gallery/ANpoTFv

probably need some new handles... both of these have a bit of 'char' to them... and they are a little loose on the screw... but I suppose its kind of a miracle that they lasted this long.

Back