markings on kettle

JPayne

I purchased this kettle because it has a lot of character.Casting is not perfect, but it seems old looks as if bail is hand made. There is a marking on the outside was wondering if any one has seen this and if possible maybe a guess at its age :confuse

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 70
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 71
I have a similar pot which I bought from a dealer on line. Mine is dated pre 1776. I will post a picture when I get home so you can compare

thanks Mark
That would be great would love to see pictures Ive been working on re seasoning this for a scouting event we do all over the fire cooking I will be using this on a tri pod that was made at colonial reenactment

thanks Mark
That would be great would love to see pictures Ive been working on re seasoning this for a scouting event we do all over the fire cooking I will be using this on a tri pod that was made at colonial reenactment

You have a great pot which might not take too much heat. Careful Most of that time are collector pieces.

well i might of put it through its first test- cleaning in oven at oven clean heat 500 degrees + no visible damage i know i'm rolling the dice but would love to hang over tri pod slow heat soup up then put away would break my heart if it cracked
you mentioned some pics to compare would love to gain more knowledge on this piece or manufacturing
j

Kettle worked beautiful over the weekend low fire we cooked soup in it
I do cherish it for its age and character the cub scouts loved it and it still continues to serve us people well

Back