Hummus Crusted Chicken

JenniferM

Last night, I made this: Hummus Crusted Chicken.. I made it in my large Lodge skillet in the oven, preheating the pan in/with the oven (and a few extra mins after oven was ready) to 450*. I didn't really follow the recipe too much in terms of quantity of squash & chicken breasts (we always like leftovers, and the store was out of zucchini). Also, I added a sprinkle of Cavender's Greek seasoning to the chicken, but otherwise, it's too simple not to try it, and we LOVE hummus! It was pretty tasty, but next time, I will use even more hummus on the chicken, and maybe let it set/marinate longer than prepping it right before cooking it so some of that flavor seeps into the chicken more.

My chicken doesn't look as crusty/golden brown as the recipe pics because I flipped it half way through cooking; next time, I'll pass on that. I like it more "done looking" when I eat it.
20150311_182435.jpg

I haven't made it again yet (DD keeps eating the hummus as soon as I buy it lol) but it's definitely on my "make again" list ... but I will use a lot more hummus next time! I can't get enough. :icon_thumbsup:

Made this dish for supper tonight. Excellent! I baked it in my 12 inch Lodge skillet and followed the recipe pretty closely, I just didn't add the slices from the second lemon (they would make it too lemony, imho) The recipe didn't say if the skillet should be covered while baking, so I covered for the first half of the baking time and left it uncovered for the second half. Had to cook it for a total of 40 min. before the chicken reached 165 degrees. It's an easy, healthful, and delicious dinner. Will make it again.

I just read the recipe and looks like something I'd like to try, I've never tasted Hummus so I can't taste it in my mind, but if I like it may be something to top a
Skillet Spatchcock chicken with same type vegetables :icon_scratchchin:

Steve

Back