• If a web search for the answer to your cast iron cookware question has brought you directly to this forum, the information you seek may be covered in one of the many reference topics featured on the main website.

Quick Links: · Main Website · How to Identify Unmarked Pans · All About Cleaning & Seasoning · Reproductions & Counterfeits · Commonly-Used Terms

• Threads in this Recipe File forum should begin with an actual, typed (by you) recipe including ingredients, quantities, and detailed instructions.
    If a recipe copied from another source, credit should be given to that source. Readers may feel free to reply with comments or ask questions about the recipe in the thread. If viewing a recipe makes you think of one you wish to share, please start a new thread with it. Requests for recipes or for cooking help, and postings about other cooking subjects should be made in the Cooking In Cast Iron forum.

WWOTW Favorite Dinner

W. Hilditch

Ingrédients (Veggies in 1- 1 1/4” lengths)

1/2 troll cleaned and trussed or substitute 1 3 lb. (Max 4) chicken cleaned and trussed.
(clean the blood out along the backbone.)
Swamp reeds or substitute 3 ribs celery split
Saber tooth tiger brains or substitute 8 oz turnips, peeled, sliced and cut in strips
Hog weed stems or substitute1 cup of leeks, quartered lengthwise
Flamingo legs or substitute 3 carrots peeled and quartered
A warthog tusk or substitute 1 Zucchini quartered
———————————————————————————————————-
Gargoyle sweat or substitute 6 cups hot water with 8 chicken bouillon cubes
Toads toes or substitute 1/4 - 1/3 cup of rice
Ground skunk’s hair or substitute 1/2 tsp pepper

Add the troll and the rest down to the break to a 5 or 6 quart cauldron (Not over 8 quart). The same size kettle or Dutch oven will work. Cover with water, bring to a full boil and drain well.

Remove the tusk pieces, add the Gargoyle sweat, bring to a boil and simmer covered for 20 minutes. Add tusk pieces, toads toes and skunks hair and simmer 20 to 30 minutes longer until the toads toes are tender. An easy boil works too.

Cut the troll into serving pieces and divide the rest evenly in 4 large hot soup bowls. People who hate tiger brains love this recipe. It really is a ‘9’, even if you don’t have the original ingredients handy. Changing anything in this recipe is not recommended.

Scene: Kids at the kitchen table & adults at the dining room table. While eating kids momma says the potatoes are good. I respond that no, they are turnips. Just as she says: “Oh God, my kids won’t eat turnips!” her son walks in with empty bowl; “May I please have some more?” His sister says; “Me too?” Good thing there was a double batch for 8.

If you have kids helping you, chanting a spell over the pot with your wand (wooden spoon) makes it taste more better.

Hilditch

Yeah, my Mother was very creative in sneaking vegetables into foods that didn't really need them. Corn and Peas in everything, creative uses for celery and cabbage, sweet carrot salad with raisins, etc.. If it wasn't for her I probably would have died of scurvy years ago.

Hilditch, thanks for the recipe. Looks good, although trolls are hard to come by here, will try it with chicken--at Halloween, maybe?

Geeze Sharon, this isn’t for Halloween. This is REAL GOOD food all year round. JFK loved it, for whatever that is worth. Just put the ingredients on your grocery list. I understand Toto stole this recipe from the replacement WWOTW, who is still active today. For every meal eaten she loses some of her power. If you wait, you may be sorry.

Hilditch

Back