Your Favorite Dutch Oven That You Own

SeanD

Not sure where to post this thread, so if it needs moved, go for it. Anyways , I have 5 dutch ovens, with my actual favorite being my big Lodge one. Its a newer one, I know that, but it cook great, and I use it all the time. Thanksgiving turkey will be cooked in it again. I have a Wapak DO, but its in such good shape that I hardly use it. So....can we see some pics of your favorite Dutch Oven?

Here is my Wapak, #8 DO. The Lodge is the most used out of all my DOs.

Attachments

• DSCI0124.jpg
    DSCI0124.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 48
  • DSCI0126.jpg
    DSCI0126.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 46
I’ve got a BSR Red Mountain #8 that seems to cook very well for now and am happy with it. On the hunt for a early Griswold tho just for personal preference nothing more. A good piece of vintage cast iron is well worth having and enjoying what it’s capable of. Also have older BSR skillets 7,8 that I would have a hard time turning lose of. :razz:

Can't say that this is my favorite DO as of this post but I'm sure it will rate pretty high once I get it cleaned and seasoned. Picked it up a few weeks ago on a recent 4000 mile road trip. Don't see a lot of the #11's out there even lone a slant logo Griswold. It's big enough for a small turkey or one or more chickens, a large ham, or large roast with potatoes and the works.
It's too cold for the outside lye tank to be efficient so I'll either wait for warmer weather of do an inside lye tank just so I don't fall behind on cleaning.

https://imgur.com/a/qvB9MPo

Beautiful piece! A nice capon would fit in there.
Can't say that this is my favorite DO as of this post but I'm sure it will rate pretty high once I get it cleaned and seasoned. Picked it up a few weeks ago on a recent 4000 mile road trip. Don't see a lot of the #11's out there even lone a slant logo Griswold. It's big enough for a small turkey or one or more chickens, a large ham, or large roast with potatoes and the works.
It's too cold for the outside lye tank to be efficient so I'll either wait for warmer weather of do an inside lye tank just so I don't fall behind on cleaning.

https://imgur.com/a/qvB9MPo

Thats a sweet DO! Im sure itll gain a spot in your rotation of CI......4000 miles? wow.....I say it was worth the road trip alone, and the DO is a "bonus".

Back