Some Auction Finds

ChuckP

I thought I would post up some recent auction finds that I restored. I neglected to take before pictures but here are some after shots. The arc logo just came home yesterday,
cleaned up pretty nicely and is very smooth. The three notch 7 w/lid was so thick with grease that it probably lost a pound in the cleaning process. The Nuydea had some pretty
heavy rust on the inside of the pan, but the lid (What I really wanted:D)was in decent shape.
https://imgur.com/a/iQSa6cs

I have that same Nuydea chicken fryer (#1236) but it has an aftermarket glass lid. Trade you my oldest son for that one:) The last time I looked, Doug D didn't have any good pictures of a Nuydea lid or entire pan for that matter. Would you post more pictures (top, bottom and sides of both the pan and the lid) and give Doug permission to include them in the Nuydea section of Foundry Database. Yours is only the second picture I have ever seen of the lids.

Very nice finds.

Jack

So that's what it's called (Nuydea)? My dad has one of those lids on a chicken fryer but I don't recall the fryer having that angular handle... I'll have to check it out next time I'm there.

I'll start by saying, my wife and I stood in a steady rain for a hour and a half at a old farm auction to bid on that #9 Lodge, then walked over 1/4 mile back to the car in a biblical downpour with it.
We had some good laughs along the way and the word "intervention" came up as well.

Here are some more shots of the Chicken fryer. The lid came through in pretty good shape, but the pan was rode hard and put away wet. It's all pitted out inside. Doug, feel free to use them if you wish.
https://imgur.com/a/HyK1GLZ
I bought it at auction as a lot of 4 pieces. It came with these two https://imgur.com/a/tgAx1HH plus a tea kettle that I have already let go of. The lot came home with me for $28 OTD

I'll start by saying, my wife and I stood in a steady rain for a hour and a half at a old farm auction to bid on that #9 Lodge, then walked over 1/4 mile back to the car in a biblical downpour with it.
We had some good laughs along the way and the word "intervention" came up as well.

I can relate to that. went to an old farm auction in central kentucky last spring... kind of cloudy, been raining for 2 days but wasn't that morning but it was just mud everywhere... they had a ton of stuff to sell that day.. and had some guns and stuff in a tent that they were going to start with then move over to the yard and sell over there and then come back to the tent at around noon and sell the rest of the stuff in the tent (all the cast iron was in the tent). I had driven over an hour to get there at 8 am... and here they are saying they won't get to the iron until noon... I almost left. they started selling the guns, then the weather got worse, temp dropped, wind picked up and they decide to just stay in the tent and sell the iron since it was starting to rain outside... I couldn't get into the tent but stood along one edge, near the iron, so I could see what they were grabbing... cold rain dripping down on me from the tent... they were doing 'choice item' from the pile... probably took about 45 minutes to get through it all... I was soaked, and cold but had a nice pile of mostly heat ring griswolds... and was back home before 11am.
outdoor auctions can be an adventure.

Chuck P
Thank you for the additional pictures. I hope Doug D adds them to the Foundry list.

Your pan appears to be older than mine. The bottom of my pan has the Nuydea logo and the part number.

I will post some pictures later today.

I hope some day I stumble over one of those lids. You got one heck of a deal on all that iron.

Jack.

So I was at Dad's today and noticed the spiderweb lid sitting on his display stand and sure enough it is the same Nuydea fryer and matching lid. He mostly collected Grizwold but he did pick up some other stuff at auctions when he found it. So how is that pronounced? Noo dia or Ny dia?

Back