Collecting, what's the best?

SarahC

I have a nice Griswald 10 skillet I have cleaned up and its beautiful and a 5 quart Wagner I'm still working on.
I cook with my Griswald but really love this.
Is it best to stay with one kind of CIP if collecting, or I guess the better question is what is the best CIP and what should I avoid?

Also what's is the name of that book I should find again ?
I'm a newbie sorry if I repeat questions that may have been answered before. :roll:

Doug's Strategy link is excellent. I started collecting in 1968 when most of the old iron was pre-1960 and of high quality with relatively low prices. Initially I found I had a lot of Griswold plus some other makes. A decision was soon made to collect only Griswold pieces. But then I kept finding so many other pieces that I loved that weren't Griswold so I let them have a place in my collection. Many years later after selling most of my collection I began again but have concentrated on mostly 19th century stovetop skillets and other pans with superb castings or design/style. So a collection can start one place and end in another. Hopefully you won't look back and regret not buying certain pieces.

Back