E-Tank Mess - Y U C K !!

Nick_N

Has anyone experienced this kind of build-up, in your e-tank. Yes the skillet was a bit yucky, but I really didn't expect this. I'm using one of those 32 gallon, Rubbermaid trash cans, with wheels & lid. I've got 15 gallons of electrolyte in the barrel, which has been used maybe 5-6 items so far. I don't know how long this can stay around. I'm glad I got a lid for that can :icon_scratchchin:

Last Night:
IMG_0665 (640x480).jpg

This Morning:
FullSizeRender[1] (640x480).jpg

Mine's dirtier than that after 5 minutes, but then again my anodes are made of rebar. I think it's time I upgrade to stainless steel.

Wow. How many amps you drawing?

Just 10 amps.....

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 PM ----------

Mine's dirtier than that after 5 minutes, but then again my anodes are made of rebar. I think it's time I upgrade to stainless steel.

Actually, that plate you see suspended under that gunk, is a 12 x 20 inch sheet of SS with a mirror finish....oh, and I am extremely pleased with the SS. Actually no noticeable deterioration. My first sacrificial didn't fair so well..

It has a 6/2 and a 12/6 setting. I don't think it is designed to draw more than 6, which is fine. I see some guys setting theirs on the 2 amps setting and get the job done.

I have had my #8 in the electrolysis bath all day and I think it'll have to be in another day. Man, this was some seriously heavy crud. I'll start a thread on length of an e-bath and hope you'll wade in.

Back