So I am bummed out

AndrewK

So I picked up a lot of rusty neglected Wagner pans pots and waffle irons. They are all in poor condition and I was hoping to rescue them. My favorite piece was a 10.5 inch pan although it was in miserable condition and heavily pitted something about it made me like it. I had it running in the e tank and it was cleaning up nice then I decided to scrub it down with some steel wool to get the remaining stubborn rust loosened up. While scrubbing and feeling proud of how well it was turning out for the condition it was in i get slapped in the face. There is a 4 inch long hairline crack running down the side. I guess it will now be my piece to experiment different techniques on now that it is cracked on top of all its other flaws.

The crack is thin hopefully I can apply a couple coats of seasoning and it will seal it up. If it ends up being a leaker i will use it to experiment with different techniques or I may take it to a weilder to test out his work without the fear of running a nice piece

The crack is thin hopefully I can apply a couple coats of seasoning and it will seal it up. If it ends up being a leaker i will use it to experiment with different techniques or I may take it to a weilder to test out his work without the fear of running a nice piece

We always used nickel rods to weld cast iron. I'd like to see a pan that had the crack ground, welded, and resurfaced.

Back