First Victor

Are you going to season the bottom of the pan or clean it?

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

I presume that this is a piece handed down from family members

Very nice, I had been thinking about trying to put together a set of fully marked Victor skillet cause I like the looks of them. I usually just buy what I want to use. But I’m picky on brand and time frame. Have a few places holder till the right one comes along.

Just recently started a BSR -S series set just because,, found a 3-S a couple months back and thought why not look for the 5 & 7. You guy here may make a collector out of me yet:p

BSRs are too cool! The Victor is the result of what I call “Cast Iron Karma”. The same day I found Miss Vickie, I had already given a coworker a rehabbed Lecreuset skillet and a Lodge DO. It pays to be nice 😉

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

Pay no attention to that wet sandpaper in the background......it NEVER touches cast iron!

My brother who had no interest in cast iron in past, recently was given found by me a late 50 ,s & 1960’s 10 and#8 non marked Wagner. When he took a later interest of cooking with cast iron.

I opened his mind to things outside the box of new junk now unless you spent nearly a $100 or more for quality today. Old school if it didn’t work they would have stopped making it long ago.

Happy hunting, the best is yet to be found.

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

I thought about editing to add but thought you may wonder my preference.
I look for myself, slant Griswold Erie marked.

There are so many others out there that are equally as good to find, what you like is all that matters. As why I have a soft spot for BSR. Great skillets and other iron but plain Jane of appearance to collectors. Great skillets to use that’s heavy if need a heat hard for a good sear on a stake.

I’ve never paid more than $12 for any CI....traditional or enameled. An unmarked, vintage-ground pan is my gateway to fine meals and memories with family and friends. Enjoy the journey!

Back