Modern non-China ECI manufacturers

EricC

I've been browsing enameled CI and read the related page on the main site.

I'd already found that modern Lodge ECI is made in China, Marquette Castings ECI is made in China, and (apparently) all other modern economy brands, like Tramontina, is made in China.

From the main site page on ECI, I learned that American made ECI died in the 1960s and is of wildly varying quality, if you can find a vintage piece.

The main site page also has a nifty list of notable ECI brands, and here's where we get to my question:

Which of these brands are still manufactured today, and not in China?

Obviously Le Creuset is, and apparently so is Staub. Any of the others? Also, any other modern non-China brands not on that list?

Thanks.

As far as the French stuff is concerned, it is fine quality, very high priced, and have you tried to pick one up? I mean literally--I did lift a lid on one of these pots in a store recently, and I could not believe the weight!

I had a family member bring some gravy in a 7.25QT LeCreuset for Thanksgiving (he built a turducken from scratch and used the carcasses to make the gravy). I thought it was relatively light for what it was, though I haven't handled a Descoware for comparison.

Bump... can any of the experts please confirm that Le Creuset and Staub are the only non-China ECI manufacturers still producing, or are there others?

Back