Good deal on a Wagner 8 (I think)

AndrewK

I wan in the local antique store and found myself a Wagner hanging on the wall but it has been spray painted black. The pan from what I can tell is in immaculate condition aside from the paint. I bought it because it was not a spinner ant the paint was thin and from what I could tell it was not hiding any flaws. Hopefully it cleans up real nice and proves to be a diamond in the rough. There were about ten other cast pieces in the store but they were all to close to what I would consider to be retail price.

Oh I almost forgot I did negotiate in a unmarked number 3 with a heat ring that is also in nice shape I think but it is really dirty so I will update on it when clean.

I'll be interested to hear how you remove the paint. It seems that question comes up every now and then around here.

Lye seems to be doing the trick at least it did on a 3 leg pot that I got previously

But I would not be afraid to use paint stripper if the lye did not work. Because it will get cleaned and take a dip in the lye any way.

The lye did the trick I got the first season on it last night and it is turning out to be really nice but I may send it back to the tank because it may clean up just a little bit more. We will se regardless it was a excellent purchase and I am happy.

Back