Pittypat's Porch skillets

Ken Davis

I've searched the forum and can't find anything posted. Does anyone know anything about skillets marked:

Pittypat's Porch

Atlanta, Georgia

I know Pittypat's is an eatery in downtown Atlanta and that it first opened in the early '60s. Any idea who made these skillets, when and how much they should sell for.

They don't seem to command much collector interest. They look like they were made using a BSR skillet as a pattern. I have my doubts that BSR would have made them for them; the markings are a bit crude, usually.

Thank you, Doug. One thing I didn't mention in the initial post is the underside of the handle looks a lot like a one-notch Lodge. The pour spouts are much smaller though.

There only seem to be size #3s. They either had to be made on an automated line or the skillet used as a pattern was.

BSR made them for a number of years. The restaurant served fried chicken in the skillet and the skillet became a souvenir. Others may have produced. They were made on Disamatic molding machines.

Thank you, HR. That, and a Google search of Disamatic molding machines, answered some of my questions. :icon_thumbsup:

Still waiting for my little skillet to come clean for her photo op.

Back