Lodge 14 CO

$84.60 currently. The raised Lodge on the cover indicates this is a relatively recent/current model. Higher priced ones on eBay should (hopefully) be vintage pieces. No functional difference, though.

I think the big dollars for lodge dutch ovens and camp ovens are for the discontinued sizes... the small ones and really big ones... and the older ones.

I'm far from an expert on lodge camp oven prices... I just know a little from seeing the big 16's and the little #5 and #6 sell for what I thought were crazy prices... the 14's are kind of different because they still basically sell that size new... it looks like a few have sold in the 150 - 200 range on ebay... but it looks like you have to include the words 'rare' and 'discontinued' in the description.

I'm still not entirely sure when the switch between sizes... like size 12 and size 14 changed to 12 inch and 14 inch... I have an older #12 dutch oven that is roughly 14 inches across...

I believe the deep #14's are the only ones still available new and the shallow #14's have been discontinued and are the ones bringing the higher prices.

I have several NIB 16's. Yes, I'm bragging.:-D:-D The report of discontinued 14's shallow DO's is news to me. :-D:-D

I have run across some of the Lodge 14" shallow ovens NIB.

When did Lodge go from the recessed lettering on the lid to the raised lettering? This was before they added their name on the lid.

Back