Light bulb skillet

Bonnie Scott

I posted this in the thread about Lodge Advertising skillets but then I started thinking it might be a BSR. Since it was made for Georgia Electric I thought it might have originated from Atlanta Stove Works. After looking at it more closely I think it may be an early 3 notch Lodge skillet.
http://imgur.com/9YNlXYW

After a little more research I can see that the North Georgia Electric Membership Corporation was based in Dalton Georgia and Dalton is closer to the Lodge foundry in South Pittsburg TN than to Atlanta Stove works. It makes sense that this would have been ordered from Lodge.

Thanks Rick, the quote on the skillet makes me laugh. Apparently the good ol' boys down at the electric company thought pretty highly of themselves. I imagine the worker bees at the foundry got a laugh out of this one.

Sometimes while I am scrubbing pans I think about building an E tank. Then I start thinking about Frankenstein being reanimated by electricity. Then I imagine Peter Boyle as young Frankenstein dancing in top hat and tails and I laugh and by that time the pan is clean. LOL

Sometimes while I am scrubbing pans I think about building an E tank. Then I start thinking about Frankenstein being reanimated by electricity. Then I imagine Peter Boyle as young Frankenstein dancing in top hat and tails and I laugh and by that time the pan is clean. LOL

Frau Blucher!

Back