G.F Filley #1

They are marked, just covered in a ton of crud at the moment. I need to set up my lye tank again. If you look closely, in real life not the pictures, you can see the markings. I will post pics once it is cleaned up.
Kyle

yeah looks like filley to me... and I think I see the markings hiding under the crud... that's a beauty. did the shop know what they had or did you get a bargain?

Talked them down to 20 from 30. I feel I got a bargain. I have not been able to find a sold listing on this pan however. I know it is worth more then I paid, but just not how much more.
Kyle

there's one for sale on ebay.. .with an 'buy it now' price of $525... but no sold listings that I could find either. the more 'common' filley pans will sell on ebay for under $100... but the more unusual shapes tend to be less common and tend to sell $200 + (you stole yours, I hope you feel bad about haggling over the price now.)

D,
I never feel and about haggling;). In the second hand world we are all trying to get deals. I mourn when people put eBay prices at second hand stores and are unwilling to play the game. I don't even go into to antique stores because those places are where cast iron goes to die. It is the thrill of the hunt that got me into collecting and that is basically dead nowadays. I always ask for a discount no matter what the price or the piece because that is how it has always been done. I educate those who ask for it, and buy from those who are selling. :icon_thumbsup:

Yup. If I see a printed out eBay listing hanging over an item, I just keep on walking.

D,
I mourn when people put eBay prices at second hand stores and are unwilling to play the game. I don't even go into to antique stores because those places are where cast iron goes to die.

too true... I have a list of pieces, places and prices that I go and visit once or twice a year... same piece at the same place with the same silly price on it waiting for the 'right' buyer...

Hey Kyle,

We are approaching that time of year again. Will you be selling CI at your kids' school event? If so don't forget to post pics so we can all DROOL.

Back