Anyone near Williamsport?

I contacted him the minute I saw it and he let me know that someone already stopped by and hand picked all the stuff they wanted and left the rest. I asked him to send pics of what was left and it is all undesirable stuff. The quay that picked what he wanted ripped him off big time and only gave him like 15$ for the waffle iron with the base.

I contacted him the minute I saw it and he let me know that someone already stopped by and hand picked all the stuff they wanted and left the rest. I asked him to send pics of what was left and it is all undesirable stuff. The quay that picked what he wanted ripped him off big time and only gave him like 15$ for the waffle iron with the base.

I don't think he ripped him off if the guy selling it was happy with the price. I am perfectly fine with someone getting the best price they can. I sale lots of old things and constantly have people make lower offers. It's up to me to decide if I think the offer is fair.

As Jody notes, it's a fact of life--items are worth what someone will pay for them. That's what I've learned from many years experience selling and buying antiques and collectibles.

What I was trying to say is the person bought a handful of items out of the stack picking the ines of value and leaving the junk behind and only paid a fraction of what the person was wanting for the whole lot. Now the owner wants a ton of money for a bunch of undesirable cast that no one will pay for. I do not know what was said in the conversation but I am guessing buy the way he was talking that the person that picked a few items made it sound like he was leaving good stuff behind that will sell for good money. I believe it is ok to get a good deal but I am not one to lie or misrepresent to get it. Regardless I am not upset I just wish people would be honest that is all.

I talked to the seller last Wednesday. He said a guy was coming on Friday to take what was left for $100. I thought he said the only piece that sold was the griswold waffle iron and the rest Only had numbers on them.

Back