• If a web search for the answer to your cast iron cookware question has brought you directly to this forum, the information you seek may be covered in one of the many reference topics featured on the main website.

Quick Links: · Main Website · How to Identify Unmarked Pans · All About Cleaning & Seasoning · Reproductions & Counterfeits · Commonly-Used Terms

• Threads in this Recipe File forum should begin with an actual, typed (by you) recipe including ingredients, quantities, and detailed instructions.
    If a recipe copied from another source, credit should be given to that source. Readers may feel free to reply with comments or ask questions about the recipe in the thread. If viewing a recipe makes you think of one you wish to share, please start a new thread with it. Requests for recipes or for cooking help, and postings about other cooking subjects should be made in the Cooking In Cast Iron forum.

Balsamic Glazed Ribs and Sweet Potatoes

I had 3 Lbs mixed beef ribs in the freezer to use up.

Brown ribs all sides in big CI skillet. Cutting extra fat off wise. I cheated and used a torch to help. Transfer to Stainless pressure cooker. I gave the 3 lbs 45 min @ 15 psi, natural release then rested and cooled them a half hour in opened pot so they could be handled. The meat wants to fall off the bones, or the bones want to fall out of the meat.

Cut up unpeeled sweet potatoes and dump in skillet. bake covered at 350F until fork tender. I gave them 45 min too. I had 1 1/2 pretty big potatoes in a 12" skillet.

While potatoes cooking make a balsamic reduction for the glaze. 1 C. good balsamic vinegar, 3 Tsb honey, a lot of powdered ginger. Cook down until just clings to a spoon. Will thicken more as it cools. I did this in a high quality stainless pot. Used CI last time and it did not end well.

When ribs can be handled pile over sweet potatoes and brush with glaze. Drizzle extra glaze on potatoes. Put under boiler a few minutes to caramelize glaze. Serve,.

Attachments

• ribs in pan.jpg
    ribs in pan.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 7
  • raw taters in pan.jpg
    raw taters in pan.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 8
  • ribs n taters in pan.jpg
    ribs n taters in pan.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 13
Back