I'm New!

Sharon Camp

I have always loved cast iron, but just recently started collecting and cooking with it again. Have always made cornbread in a cast iron skillet, there's just none better cooked in cast iron! Once I started collecting, I found this website and just now have asked to join! Love it - y'all have so much good information!
I am learning! Have acquired a few pieces that are unmarked (griddles) that appear to be quite old, but being a newbie, not really sure, will continue reading info on the website. Thanks!

Sharon, welcome to the site. It is full of great info and great people. I have been very fortunate to have learned so much from everyone. I'm sure you will too.

Post images of your griddles and I'm sure you will find out a bunch of info on them.

Welcome Sharon. Do yourself a favor and look for a #10 C.I. pan that you can use as an everyday go to type pan. We have a #12 Iron Mountain (by Griswold) that gets an every day use and it usually accommodates everything we cook from bacon, hash browns, steaks, you name it. The griddles are of limited use such as pancakes, grilled cheese, etc. but not much more.

Back