Burgers!

John E

We bought stuff to throw on the grill incase we lost power for a bit due to the ice storm we were supposed to get. Fortunately we got sleet instead of freezing rain, and didn't have any power problems. Normally I would take a charcoal grilled burger over skillet fried anyday, but I wasn't too keen to go out after dark last night with a half inch of partially-thawed-then-refrozen-solid sleet all over the patio. Instead I pulled out the #10 LBL (and a beer) and stayed warm.

:glutton: I agree, John. I love grilled burgers, steaks, chops and chicken but they are not worth freezing your tail. I grew up on pan fried burgers. Mom would not have a grill and hated cleaning the broiler pan. :)

We bought stuff to throw on the grill incase we lost power for a bit due to the ice storm we were supposed to get. Fortunately we got sleet instead of freezing rain, and didn't have any power problems. Normally I would take a charcoal grilled burger over skillet fried anyday, but I wasn't too keen to go out after dark last night with a half inch of partially-thawed-then-refrozen-solid sleet all over the patio. Instead I pulled out the #10 LBL (and a beer) and stayed warm.

Ice Storms are not fun.

Come cook up here, winter can be 7 months of the year. I have cooked outside when the temp was low as 10 deg. with snow. It's all good.

Like you, Just not a fan of skillet fried burgers.

I have become too southernized. I grew up near Pittsburgh and got my fill of winter weather. Now that I've been in NC for the better part of a decade, I don't want anything to do with the snow, ice, and cold.

Back