View Single Post
Old 01-05-2018, 07:48 PM
Jody M Jody M is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 331
Default Re: Historical Piece ?

Originally Posted by David P Fortin View Post
Sir, Your wooden masher is really called a marlinspike. It was used to work minila lines and sailcloth. Usually made out of a very hard wood, mostly black lignite.
Thank you so much for this information. The people running the sale called it a masher, but I see lots of primitives and none come to a point like this. I just knew there had to be another use. I appreciate you letting me know.
Reply With Quote