Wapak chickenfoot help

M_Clewell

i got a #8 early curved logo chicken foot the other day. i have two questions 1. does this logo come in different sizes or is it just found in 8's? 2. Are there more than one mold for the size 8? my pan has two high points on the shoulders. if the handle is 6 o'clock and looking at the cooking surface there is a high spot at 7 o'clock and another at 2 o'clock. i looked at the one sold on ebay, and while i might have made out the bottom of the pan ok ie faint line from the first lower serif of the first A. anyway it looks like the same mold but i couldn't confirm the high points inside. hope this makes sense. I can post pictures but don't have camera out at the moment.

here's the pixs.. sort of feels like tool marks from the mold

Attachments

• wapak01.jpg
    wapak01.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 63
  • wapak02.jpg
    wapak02.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 66
If the polish grinding marks run through those areas uninterrupted, it would mean they were there when the pan was made.

Even though it's seen more on items like sadirons, I wouldn't call it (the TM) rare or more valuable than the others. Wapak was not in business all that long and there were about 5 trademark variations. See also: http://www.castironcollector.com/trademarks.php#wapak

Back