Looking for Information 22-25 Gallon Cauldron

RDStoneking

Looking for what the linked image below of markings are for a 22-25 gallon Cauldron. this is my first time posting, just getting in to Cast Iron and Love it. Let me know if link does not work. should be able copy and paste in your browser. Again, let me know if this does not work. thank you.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/vrUTUCxGucxc4Vu96

The photo is hard to read in Google Photo for me. I thought at first it was the name of a foundry on closer study the first "word" is a group of letters and numbers.

The first word is an abbreviation (common on old CI) for Williamsport. That the foundry does not appear on the list originally compiled by Steve Stephens is not terribly surprising as there were likely hundreds of small foundries serving small regions or municipalities in the 18th and 19th centuries. Best chance of finding info on it would be in newspaper archives covering that time period, although determining which Williamsport Foundry in which state may prove difficult, unless there is a marking to that effect not shown in the photo.

Thank you...I will keep researching. Appreciate it.

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

Thank you, much appreciated.

Back