Wagner Chef Skillet Auction

I have three chef skillets Wagner and Griswold versions. To the best of my knowledge they all have the finger tab on the handle. This could be a an early model / prototype? Regardless I would not be shelling out $500 for it.

that's the only thing I can tell is this one has a flat handle... and all the other wagner chef skillet's I've seen have the thumb thing...

although if you look there is another chef skillet on ebay, marked the same way, with the same flat handle and it's only like $30... could just be lemmings following each other over the cliff.

It has the early handle, and is a #6. Both a little HTF, but not $900 worth.

it's marked 1386... that's a 9 inch.
(I thought the 9 inch was the most common size chef skillet... it's the only size I've ever seen in person).

the other one I mentioned is the smaller one... 1384, 7 1/2 inch

Wow, $910 for a Wagner 1386. For that kind of money I would part with mine! Lemmings going over a cliff. I would hate to explain that purchase to my wife.

Wow, $910 for a Wagner 1386. For that kind of money I would part with mine! Lemmings going over a cliff. I would hate to explain that purchase to my wife.

I was at an auction that had some very nice pieces of griswold cast iron (spider skillet for one, a #2 and nice slant #4 an indian head wapak, some deep eries...) they were set up with random pieces on about 6 different tables and the auctioneer was doing bidding for 'choice' one table at a time. there was one table that had a #13 and 8-9 other pans... the bidding went up to $1600 and the guy walked over to the table and picked up the #20... there were audible gasps in the crowd... they did the bidding for choice again and again went up to about $1500 and a different person went and got the #13.

Back