Can You Help Me Identify Some Cast Iron Skillets Please

S Whitlock

Hi Ladies and Gents, My name is Shane and I just joined your site cause I need some help.

This weekend I was going through some camping gear trying to find some dutch ovens that I have but haven't seen for probably 20 years or so when I came across a couple of cast iron skillets. I have no idea where I got them or how long I have had them. Today I also found a few more at the swap meet tucked away in a box of rusty items.

They are all unmarked, a couple I am pretty sure who the manufactures are but have no idea on the others.

Skillet No. 1
This one I am fairly certain is a corn bread skillet from BSR.
IMG_2818.jpg

Stamped Corn Bread Skillet at the 12 o'clock and Pat Pending at the 6 o'clock
IMG_2819.jpg

No markings on top.
IMG_2820.jpg

Edited: Looks like I can only post 4 images per post so I will break these up into separate posts below for each of the 5 skillets.

Skillet No. 2
This one I believe is a Wagner but not positive.
Stamped 14 Inch Skillet just below center and the letter A at the 6 o'clock. Also the letter A stamped on bottom of handle.
IMG_2825.jpg

The number 12 stamped at base of handle.
IMG_2826.jpg

Last edited:
Skillet No. 3
This one I think may be a lodge but not sure. Has fairly rough castings but doesn't have the 3 indents in the heat ring. 2nd handle at the 12 o'clock.
A small number 2 stamped at the 6 o'clock, nothing else on the backside.
IMG_2821.jpg

Has a lid for the top but I'm not sure if it's original.
IMG_2824.jpg

Skillet No. 5
This one I have seen labeled as a Favorite Piqua Ware or Chicago Hardware Foundry but it didn't seem that the author was completely sure about it.

This one was filthy with a good 1/8" of rancid crude on it. I couldn't see any marks on it until I cleaned it up. It's being seasoned right now and looking real good.

IMG_2828.jpg

The number 8 stamped inside of a diamond and the mold letter E at the 6 o'clock.
IMG_2829.jpg

Nothing stamped on top.
IMG_2831.jpg

Sorry for my first post being so long .... Thanks for any help you can provide (manufacture and aproximate date would be great).

Shane

1. BSR 1960s.
2. Unmarked Wagner 1950s, definitely pre-1960.
3. By the time that type of design came out, it should have country of origin on it. Handle looks older, assist handle does not. Hard to say.
4. Looks sort of like unmarked Vollrath. Maybe early unmarked Wagner.
5. Unmarked late Favorite of CHF. Mid-1930s. Hard to tell if the shinyness is plating or wire wheel or maybe sandblasting. Don't recall seeing these plated.

Back