Plated Piqua Ware

ChuckP

Could any of the experts here tell me if Favorite Piqua Ware made any plated pieces? I spotted a #1 skillet this morning that is either chrome or nickel plated. I would really like to go back and grab it if has any decent collector value.

I'm not sure about the toys but they did made some nickel plated pans... so its possible they plated some of the little toy sizes.
regardless the toy sizes seem to be popular with collectors.

Thanks for the quick response. Before I started this thread I did some internet searching for plated Piqua and came up empty. The one that I saw today was in a showcase next to another small Piqua and I could only see the bottoms of them. The second one said "Favorite Piqua" @ 12 o'clock, had a heat ring, but no size designation. I believe that one to be considered a toy or salesman's sample.

The one that caught my eye said "Favorite Piqua Ware" @ 12 o'clock with a clear numeral 1 @ 6 o'clock, had nice plating and a heat ring on it. Would this one be considered a skillet with some collector value, or just another toy?
They were asking $65 for it so I had to step back and try to educate myself before doing anything stupid.

Back