Griswold Skillet Lid?

Will R

I’ve tried to research this but haven’t had any luck... what’s the difference in value or desirability of the Griswold button logo raised on the top , verses the raised writing ( skillet cover)on top, in a #8. It fits a 777 chicken fryer . I found both kinds of lids just wondering which one is more sought after? Thanks

IMO...The low dome with the raised lettering. a) They are older 1915-1935. b) They reveal all the information as to size and what the cover is used for. c) they are just prettier to me....

Thanks , Mr. Fraley
I just picked up a #1098 button logo lid and was wondering what the dates on it was ? Info is under the lid but just a Griswold logo on top, thanks

Per the BB (Blue Book) p.46 it says the button logo was 1940's circ. for the skillet lids You'll find several pages on them. The DO lids, (Dutch Oven) start on p.63 thru p.68 of the same book.

Last edited:
Will,

when you get it all cleaned up post some pictures, I think it’s safe to say we all like pictures here, my self have two with full writing on top. Those are the ones I like. The #8 is high dome and works well for all things I cook in my slant Eire, I like the extra height with some things. The #10 is low dome but on a chicken fryer but have the extra height going the other way.

Enjoy your new lid, in time you will find more ways to utilize it.

Back