Can u help me ID these pieces of cast cookware?

Can anybody help me ID these pieces of ( cookware) iron. The first piece is A tea kettle. The second piece is what I believe to be a bean pot? And the third is two cast iron skillets and/or pans. I have been in these Bkue ridge mountains for 35 years collecting Iron and varius items ,But these three pieces of cast iron,I have never been abe to put an exact date or maker on them. I bought all four of these pieces two years ago for $25. I know I got a deal on them but I kinda need to know more about them before I turn loose of them. Any help would be appreciated. I have read through the Id info supplied in this forum but I sometimes need the help from people that are more of an authority on certain Items. The pans, My mom and I just put in the self cleaner and have ready for a good cure. Fried eggs in one and tatters in the other.Dont get any better than that.See additional attachments in next forum letters

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 25
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 16
The other skillet looks somewhat like a Favorite, but it's not clear whether there are any markings on its bottom.

The tea kettle design with the star on the lid was widely copied, with minor variations. Unless a foundry chose at some point to start marking its pieces, without changing the design otherwise, it's virtually impossible to pin down a maker. Same with the footed kettle, only if a unique aspect, such as the bail attachment ears, can be seen on other, marked pieces, and the piece is the same in all other regards, is there a slight chance of making an ID.

With its bottom well, the tea kettle was made for woodstove use, so that gives an idea of its age, most likely mid-1800s.

Thanks Ken.

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 PM ----------

The other skillet looks somewhat like a Favorite, but it's not clear whether there are any markings on its bottom.

The tea kettle design with the star on the lid was widely copied, with minor variations. Unless a foundry chose at some point to start marking its pieces, without changing the design otherwise, it's virtually impossible to pin down a maker. Same with the footed kettle, only if a unique aspect, such as the bail attachment ears, can be seen on other, marked pieces, and the piece is the same in all other regards, is there a slight chance of making an ID.

With its bottom well, the tea kettle was made for woodstove use, so that gives an idea of its age, most likely mid-1800s.

Thanks Doug. This is enough to let me know that my money was well spent. I'm going to put the pot up for sale on Ebay.

Back