Tiny wagner pot

A.Thornton

Has anyone seen one of these? Any timeline of a manufacture date and use of this little thing?
Is it worth anything?

Attachments

• 20161217_151142.jpg
    20161217_151142.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 91
  • 20161217_151207.jpg
    20161217_151207.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 87
It is a Wagner hot pot. Likely 1930's, my understanding is that it was used for single portions or small applications. Are you missing the lid?

1368 is listed as either a hot pot or a toy kettle. Interesting this one has the notched bail handle with the pronged ends to hold it upright like the patty bowl.

I have seen these in a few antique stores. They are usually listed for $200 and up. If they are worth that much, I do not know.

Nice...

It reminds me of the mini round cocottes being sold by Le Creuset and Staub (the Le Creuset ones are stoneware made in Thailand and the Staub ones are enameled CI made in France). They hold about 4oz.

They're typically used for single-serving sides and desserts. Or just display. It might be interesting to try to make a soufflé with it.

That Sir is a Bud Light and although it is a single serving, they are commonly sold in multi packs. I have purchased and enjoyed many of them in my past. They are not rare at all and can be found at most grocery stores and carry outs. They are very helpful at making Inlaws tolerable, Fishing trips enjoyable, A must have for game day. LOL!
And that is a really cool little piece of CI next to it.
Tony :p

Wow 200 bucks?! I need to find that person, I was on the fence about spending ten bucks for it! No lid just the pot. Just thought it was a cool and had never seen one before. I have however seen many of the bud lights! :lol: Thanks for the info, as usual you guys are all over it.

Toy Griswold dutch ovens with their lids are worth hundreds of dollars, more if the often lost trivet is included. The Wagner hot pot is similar, but no trivet was made. If it was sold as a toy it was likely just as a kettle. Value on it without a lid is more in the $25-$50 range.

Thanks, Doug, for the info. These little pots are just "too cute"! Maybe someday I'll find one. In the meantime, various ideas put forward here for potential uses certainly showcase the imagination (and humor) of forum members--such keep me sane! Good Christmas to all!:icon_thumbsup:

That is awesome, I found a Wager hot pot today. It was sold as a decorative piece with fake flowers in it. I paid $2.00 for it. Money well spent.

Back