#12 Skillet ID Help

Greg S

I am a long time lurker and learner on this forum and site, and this may be my 1st post? But I haven't been able to find out anything on this on my own.

If anyone can help me ID this it would be greatly appreciated. I have looked all over the net for any info on this and cannot find a thing. I cant even make out exactly what it says. It's walls are thin and the surface is smooth, and it has a raised heat ring.
Not sure if I have some cheap knockoff or a good user or a hidden gem?

Thanks for at least looking!

Greg

Attachments

• CPoeCDA.jpg
    CPoeCDA.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 80
  • RWtC0uj.jpg
    RWtC0uj.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 79
Sidney Holloware. The one you have is the early script logo. In a #12, I would think that thing might be worth a small fortune, if you're considering selling it. In April, a #11 sold on eBay with "best offer accepted". You can't see the exact value when items sale that way, but if you sort highest to lowest, you can see where it falls relative to known selling prices. They were asking $999, but all you can tell for sure was that it sold for at least $400.

Thank you for the replies and information! My eyesight is getting so bad I couldn't tell what it said. I appreciate all your replies! Got me a little excited! Hopefully when I get it through the lye bath and quick vinegar soak then seasoned up it will be on good shape.
Thanks again everybody!

Thats one nice skillet you have there! Hope it cleans up good for you!

Thanks! It is in the lye bath now so we shall see in a few days!

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

http://imgur.com/5sylPYh
This is a Sidney script #8 that I picked up last year. I've looked at thousands of skillets in the past few years and this is the only one I have ever seen. You made an awesome find.

Thanks! I cant believe I almost passed on it! Before this the best I had ever found were a couple LBL Griswold's.

NICE find Greg ! I've never even seen a Sidney O in the wild , let alone a #12 .

That HAS to be a keeper :icon_thumbsup:

NICE find Greg ! I've never even seen a Sidney O in the wild , let alone a #12 .

That HAS to be a keeper :icon_thumbsup:

Thanks! It was the first one I had seen also! I knew it was out of the ordinary when I saw it, but didn't know if it was a "good" or "bad" out of the ordinary til after I posted it in here lol

Back