Stupid, Stupid mess!!

I am a Aircraft Electronics Engineer with over 50 years of service, I have received many excellance awards and there is nothing I can't fix. So today I had my electro in service with a real nice one notch #12 lodge skillet. I checked on it this afternoon and found the skillet was a large ugly mess of rust. I had crossed the polarity. I had not been drinking so how could I be so stupid?? So I hooked it up correctly and put it back in the electro. Upon inspection later I found the bottom cracked so it's worthless and junk anyway. But it made me feel dumb for my error. So watch your + and - so you don't feel dumb like me. David

You want your skillet BLACK and your sacrificial anode RED with rust! ;) That's how I remember to hook things up right. Now if I can just remember to leave room on top for the foam to form, I'll stop making such a mess.
Did you notice any permanent damage caused by your mistake?

I hooked everything up correctly and after two hours the skillet is clean and looks good. I'm sure there was no real damage. I'll try to remember for next time, David

I always feel better reading about other people messing things up. Makes me feel better about all the things that I've messed up. So Thanks. :(

Back